Creativity Galore!

I went to my friend's daughter's graduation party "up north" this weekend. It's hard to believe her daughter is a high school graduate already! We had a great time and enjoyed seeing people we haven't seen in quite a while.

I've always known Michele (my friend) was a creative, crafty girl and this weekend I took some pictures of a couple of her projects to share with you (with her hesitant permission). She loves rustic, animal prints/skins and, I realized this weekend, horsehoes!
Project #1. She constructed this cornice board, by herself from scratch (we're talking power tools!), covered it with leather and added the nail heads and center horseshoe. It looks even better in person - like she had it custom made by a professional!

Project #2: Again, she constructed this completely from scratch. Notice the horshoe stands. Pretty clever. The top of the center bottle is really cool too but there was someone in the top of the picture that didn't want to be on the blog so I had to crop it. Clearly photography is not one of my strengths or I would have taken the picture from a different direction or asked the person to move before I took it so I could show you the whole thing. :-(

Project #3: Their family's Christmas tradition is that each person has to give a homemade gift, and we're not talking cookies here! I've seen many of the projects over the years and have been amazed at the creativity and craftsmanship that goes into them. The photo below is of the bench that Michele's sister, Jolene, made for her this past Christmas. The bench has been outside for a while so a few of the beads are missing, but can you believe this??? Not only how cute and creative it is but how much work it took to build it herself. And how much more would you love it knowing that your sister made it rather than just having purchased it somewhere?

Leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...