Doorway Drapes & Silhouette Art

I've only ever used a door drape (I guess they're technically portieres but I'm a simple girl so door drape works for me) on a closet,but I've always been intrigued by them. I love that they're a little unexpected and work great for softening a doorway and adding texture. Depending on your fabric, of course, they can also add additional color and pattern to the room. Seeing the photo above from Better Homes and Garden's "Wool Projects To Warm Up Your Home" reminded me of the idea, so I decided to do a post on it.

Phoebe Howard

I wanted to include the example below from Better Homes and Garden's "Dress a Door In a Drape" so that you could see how, when hung this way, you still see the kitchen but the drape actually attracts your attention and stops your eye from really focusing on the room beyond.


Have you ever used door drapes? If not, do you like the idea? Where would use this type of treatment in your home?

______________________________________________________

Did you noticed the dog silhouette art just beyond the drape in the photo at the beginning of this post? It can also be found at bhg.com.

Another great silhouette art example is from Karli at Rocky Bella. She recently created a silhouette art display in her entryway. The cute art that you see below is just one example. Didn't she do a great job? Go to her site to see the whole display and tutorial. More table posts (side/end tables and nightstands) coming next week but I wanted to mix it up a bit in between.

oh. and there's a giveaway here on Monday. :-)

If you're interested in creating a mood board for Mood Board Monday (happening on Nov 9th) click HERE for more information.

Happy Halloween! Hope you're all having a great weekend...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...