Headboard Ideas


So you probably know by now that I have sort of an obsession with unique headboards, and every once in a while I just have to get my fix! Soooo... here are just a few of the ideas I've run across recently...

The headboard in the photo at the beginning of this post is actually made out of PAPER (and pasted to the wall)! Not sure how practical it would be, but it definitely looks cool, doesn't it?

These next five photos show vinyl headboards from whatisblik.com. I love these, and think they would be a great option, especially where space is an issue. They come in a variety of colors. I think some of them could also be fun to use with a daybed, or behind a bench in a mudroom or entry.


If vinyl headboards are out of your budget, could you paint a headboard?


Martha Stewart shows you how to paint this linen look...

marthastewart.com

Below they've combined a painted color block with a folding screen. I think if I used this idea I would attach the screen, flat, to the wall so that it would be more functional. I could also see this idea with just the color block with the decorative border (of course you could always put something else on the color block too - words, etc.)

BHG.com

Always love a great mantel headboard...

marthastewart.com (tutorial on site)

BHG.com

Southern Living (tutorial on site)

Here they've used a painting as a headboard. Really like their use of mirrored folding screens, too!

HGTV.com

A different take on a wallpaper headboard from marthastewart.com
That's it for this post but, knowing me, there will be more headboard posts in the future. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...