Layering Rugs

If you get around the decorating web much you'll notice there are a lot of people talking about top decorating trends (that may or may not catch on) for 2010. Tracy mentioned in her post the other day that layered rugs are going to be a trend and I didn't think much more about it until I saw a couple of examples at Williams-Sonoma while I was looking for something else.

This isn't a new concept for me, but I've never done it in my home and I do love the idea. Maybe I'll give it a try this year. What about you? (Edit: I should have labeled this post Layering AREA Rugs, not just Layering Rugs. I'm referring to layering one area rug on top of another)

Another quick tip on rugs: If you find a small rug that you love, but need a larger size, buy two and put them together with carpet tape. This obviously won't work with every rug design, but will definitely work for some!

Have a great day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...