Laminated Fabrics

Amanda Nisbet Design via decorati.com

I was paging through the Fall 2008 BHG Decorating magazine and noticed a kitchen by Amanda Nisbet where the roman shade and banquette pillows were made out of laminated fabric so that they could be wiped clean. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the Decorating mag room photo online to show you, but she also used laminated fabric on the banquette in the above photo. Don't you think that's a great idea?

In the room that inspired this post (not shown), she used this David Hicks fabric for the pillows and roman shade (which does not come pre-laminated) and I'm assuming she had it laminated somewhere like this.
Since this blog is all about trying to find lower cost options, I did some research. It was discouraging, and I almost decided not to do the post because I hate giving ideas and not being able to give you budget-friendly options for implementing them. But. Decided to share what I found at least. These are cotton fabrics with a laminate overlay.

warmbiscuit.com . These are a few of their laminated options. They will also laminate other fabrics for you, but there is a 15 yard minimum.


freespiritfabric.com . A couple of their laminated fabrics. They do not laminate other fabrics.

fabric.com. A couple of their laminated fabrics. They do not laminate other fabrics.

Of course there are many other uses for laminated fabrics, but using it for window treatments or pillows was something I hadn't thought of before (maybe because I don't have children? :-)).

What do you think? Would you use or have you used this type of fabric in this way? Know of any more sources?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...